homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rabbit math

  • From: Bevanron <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rabbit math
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:24:00 -0400

I know the real danger is in the wilted leaves, but I wouldn't risk
giving them cherry, even if it was just twigs and branches. I have
about 10 apples and pears to prune, enough for my entire rabbitry plus
some without hitting the prunus species. Plums may be okay, but I don't
even risk that with the rabbits since they are also prunus like cherries.

Bev

Gene GeRue wrote:
What is it about Cherry?

As cherry leaves wilt, they produce fatal doses of cyanide, enough
to kill a cow.

Bev talked of giving rabbits prunings. How about leafless twigs and
branches?