homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rabbit math

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rabbit math
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 22:17:41 -0700

Well, we are REALLY lucky here. The owner is a Raider fan, as is moi <g> So he orders about anything I want and will hunt it down if his usual vendors don't carry it. AND, most of his employees are formerly homeschooled kids and they enjoy helping the kidlets with any project they are currently working on.

Funny thing is that a lot of their stuff is less expensive than the big chain (Ace) in the closest "real" town (an hour away).

Also, his brother owns the feed store so he doesn't give me that "what in the heck do you need that for" look when we doing something animal related. Makes life a lot easier <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

I'm going to have to dig deeper, then. Cage wire here is available in
Seed'n'Feeds and farm supply places. It was nearly double your $1 a foot. I
haven't found it suitable for the bottom of cages, which I still make of 1/2"
hardware cloth, but for a 3' x 3' cage (18" tall) still requires 9 feet of cage
wire. At the going prices for cage wire here, you get above $20 in a hurry adding
the bottom and clips and such.

I've often found, though, that sometimes a special order from not the usual
source does get you a better price.