homestead - Re: [Homestead] The roots of Muslim rage

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The roots of Muslim rage
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:18:54 -0600

Lynda typed:

<<It has been years in the making, Marie. What we see "now" is the result
of what was being done then.>>

No shit. I can't agree with that fact more.

<<The U.S. isn't terribly popular anywhere because of their policies of
snitty
superiority. Also, our labeling of people. Everyone who even vaguely looks

like they might have some ancestor that comes from the Middle East is
quickly labeled an "evil" Muslim with that snear and look down the nose that

Americans are reknown for.>>

Indeed. And lest we forget, most of the people south of the American border
in this hemisphere can't be distinguished from Arabs by the casual observer.
They're brown, after all.

<<Later [the owners of mom-and-pop stores]
posted signs saying "thank you" and explaining that their prior experiences
had been in large cities back East and they appreciated how people treated
them in our little town.>>

Not surprising that the proprietors were grateful. After 9/11 a number of
non-Muslims, particularly Sikhs, were assaulted (after all, they looked
Eastern, right?).

<<These things are created over night. This is a result of years and years
of
behavior on the part of our government.>>

Indeed.

Still, millions of followers of the prophet believe, based on their
religious beliefs, that we are evil incarnate.