homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bumper sticker sighting

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bumper sticker sighting
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:09:25 -0800

I can't tell that our country ever recovered from the tripling of the federal budget under Johnson (wonder no more, why he never acquired the obvious nickname of "Brains" based on his middle name). It seems that ever since then, there's always a financial crisis in government. And we'll never recover from B. C.'s great idea to ship our jobs to China; you can count on that (your turnips). Compared to these great evils, the religious right never did anything of consequence that affected us that much, until now.

Melody O. wrote:

You really believe that it is "religious nuts" that are ruining the
country,...?