homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bumper sticker sighting

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bumper sticker sighting
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:23:30 -0800

I realize it's been hard for you, but try to remember, he won't be running. All it takes to see that McCain is nominated by YOUR party is for you, me, and some of our atheist friends to show up at those GOP caucus meetings and drive the religious nuts from the room. But if my final choice is between the Jebusite, with a well-meaning but misguided policy, and someone who hates our country with all her heart, the choice will be more difficult but still clear.

Gene GeRue wrote:

Lately I have heard the slogan -- haven't seen bumper stickers yet -- "Not a
dime till you grown a spine." This is addressed to Democrats.

Too long for a bumper sticker, I am working on a statement that refers to Ann Richards' "George W. Bush was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple." I look forward to it becoming true that: "He was thrown out of the game after stealing home due to having missed the base."