homestead - Re: [Homestead] Time

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Time
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:23:46 -0500

<<I can make more money but I cannot make more
time. So if you notice I am being short with someone, or not responding at
all, it's because I find that they are wasting my time.>>

Congratulations. You have entered mid-life. I won't be able to retire with a
pension for at least 10 years (I'm 58). Right now, I'm having trouble with
my employers over my idea of time off and their's.

I'm quite willing to work my 37.5 hours per week, but when I have to hassle
for any time at all about when I work those hours, I get irritable. There is
no real reason for me to be on the job except when I'm answering phones (a
job that gets shared). If I work my time in the middle of the night, I will
still be able to do all I need to do -- and more efficiently as no one will
be coming over to chit chat.

Grrrr... If I were running this place, it would be seriously different.

Marie