homestead - [Homestead] In Other Words

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] In Other Words
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:19:46 EDT

Not having in illusions about being a writer, I can happily lift someone
else's work when it says it better than I can:

"How could you be so naive as to tell a human being the truth? Men live by
embedding themselves in ongoing systems of illusion. Religion. Patriotism.
Economics. Fashion. That sort of thing. If you wish to gain the favor of
the
two-legged ilk, you must learn to fabricate as wholeheartedly as they do.
Actually, by sabotoging their static illusions, we can sometimes help turn
their
stale deceptions into fresh possibilities for their race, but that's probably
not a mission you are interested in nor suited for. So just lie to people
.... but do bear in mind that you should never, ever lie to yourself."

Tom Robbins "Villa Incognito"

  • [Homestead] In Other Words, Clansgian, 10/12/2005