homestead - Re: [Homestead] Time

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Time
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 08:41:48 -0400

At 10/12/2005, you wrote:
I have become less tolerant of having my time wasted. I attribute this
evolved attitude to the growing size of my birthday numbers, the increasing
realization of limited time. Tvo's death is part of it. The big seven-oh
will appear for me shortly after the new year. I have learned that time is
the most valuable thing I have. With enough time almost anything is
possible. Without it, nothing. I can make more money but I cannot make more
time. So if you notice I am being short with someone, or not responding at
all, it's because I find that they are wasting my time.

I have thought a lot about this same subject. I am 10 years behind you but this is the first time I really noticed the spinning clock. Last summer I was helping set a corner post when I just had to stop and sit for a while. For some reason all I cold think about was that I am 6 months away from 60. Can I do all I want? Will it be possible? How best would it be to spend my remaining time? All thoughts that are spinning around. For now I want to continue roving around the country seeing what I can but for how much more time?

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up

My travel journal

My present location is the star on the map in the link below
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=35.588269&longitude=-82.629132