homestead - Re: [Homestead] Weather control?

  • From: "Chris Clarke" <hstead AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Weather control?
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 08:17:15 -0400

Gene wrote:

> Chris wrote:
>===================
>Oh boy, I don't even know where to begin with this? This is beyond the

>pale of science and well into the realm of paranoia.

That was my first reaction. But I had three immediate considerations: 1)
do not understand how weather patterns develop and change; 2) the guy
who
quit his TV weatherman job to follow this issue does know, and he's
really
good at it; 3) man has an insatiable urge to control the world.

I have since happened across something that says the Pentagon has been
working on weather manipulation for a long time. I don't think it is
even
secret. One of those things that we would probably write off as just
another government waste of our money. And maybe it is.

I have the curse of an open mind. You?

==============================

I do, but also have experience in Meteorology and modeling.
The amount of energies needed to achieve anything like what
the site claims to be the result of human manipulation are
truly large. Further, hurricanes have ALWAYS been difficult
to forecast, and have been so for many, many years. The
fact that some storms are more powerful than we remember and
some make strange loops in the Atlantic are more a function
of the human scale of memory. Ask anyone in Louisiana what the
1950's were like for hurricanes.

Do I believe in Science Fiction, no. Do I believe that
Science can be beyond our imagination? Yes. Do I think we
MIGHT be able to control the weather. Maybe, some day.
Do I think that we can control the weather now? No.

Chris