homestead - Re: [Homestead] globalism & isolationism- was B. C.'s latest achievement

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] globalism & isolationism- was B. C.'s latest achievement
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:19:19 -0700

I'm told "our friends the Saudis" are under suspicion.

Repeating B. C.'s false dichotomy won't do it. The alternative to what we have now is not isolationism, but limited trade. But refraining from trading with the world's largest human rights violator does not make a government protectionist either way.

What so worrying is that all it takes for B. C.'s grand scheme of social engineering to be a total economy-crushing failure is for other countries' citizens to decide they don't like us, and cease to buy our products. Which value-added product of ours is it that the rank-and-file Chinese buy, besides cigarettes? Is there any realistic hope they'll ever be able to afford a can of spam anyway, FTMP, living in a communist trickle-down economy?

It's true they're all globalists, and all future major-party candidates will be, if I bet correctly, but it took the assurance of a president from both parties for the globalists to proceed with this level of confidence.

Gene GeRue wrote:

Thing is, globalism won't work indefinately.

How do you feel it will break down? And what alternative should we strive for?

I don't understand our national economy, let alone the global economy. NOT
SURE ANYONE DOES...