homestead - Re: [Homestead] Safety with miles

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Safety with miles
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:18:26 EDT

> From time to time those of a survivalist mindset confront the paranoic
> vision of calamity-driven urbanites descending upon their well-stocked
> homes, demanding food and shelter.

In the wake of the hurricane I heard stories of people looting televisions,
Nikes, even white bread and sodas. But I did not hear of anyone seen
carrying
away a 50# sack of wheat or a goat over their shoulders. Nor did I hear of
any looting in the extensive expanse of counryside that was affected by the
storm.

In some wider calamity no one had better show up here 'demanding' anything.
Asking, perhaps. But someone who will demand that you feed them today will
demand all sorts of other things tomorrow. Better to get that straightened
out
at the onset.

James