homestead - Re: [Homestead] Safety with miles

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Safety with miles
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:39:03 -0500

Imagine if things were bad enough that instead of sitting in their
cars waiting for the traffic to clear up they walked away, walked
on... just looking to stay alive.
Would it make a difference? I don't know...

I don't know either. In this case they were ordered to leave and very recent history scared many to obey. Under most Apocalyptic scenarios people would stay in their homes and die.

Now, if you need the peace of mind, consider how far a healthy person can walk in a day, carrying provisions. At about day ten the provision load would be lighter and the person would be weaker. Anyone who made it to the two hundred and fifty miles it would take to get here would receive my respect and help.