homestead - Re: [Homestead] About to move again

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] About to move again
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 23:09:43 -0400

At 8/18/2005, you wrote:
If you're going through Keokuk, you ought to nip over to Nauvoo.

I remember Nauvoo in the 50s as a small little town. The various homes were dilapidated and weed covered with a small sign indicating it was the home of someone. The last time I was there was maybe 1982 and a lot had changed, the weeds were gone and many houses restored. I was thinking of looking the place over again. I know a lot of Mormon history so it would be interesting where they have gussied it up more.

I also found a place in Ft Madison that may have a part I need for a tool so that seems to have solidified my route.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up

My travel journal

My present location is the star on the map in the link below
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=39.16742&longitude=-119.76702