homestead - Re: [Homestead] About to move again

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] About to move again
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:06:43 -0400

At 8/16/2005, you wrote:
<<My route takes me through Normal so it looks like I may be near. I am
going from Portland, ID to Mt Pleasant, IA.>>

Normal is about 60 miles from my front door.

It is pouring rain here today so I am playing with routes. The mapping program likes to keep the route to Interstates but I like the back roads. My most recent idea takes me along 136 just north of Lincoln

A further tweak takes the route across the river at Keokuk. The route takes me right by the Dadant & Sons beekeeping supply in Hamilton. I no longer have bees but will one of there days again and I can always look at the stuff..

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up

My travel journal

My present location is the star on the map in the link below
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=39.16742&longitude=-119.76702