homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rabbit troubles

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rabbit troubles
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 08:31:27 -0700

The ph of the doe's milk can change if she gets overheated or stressed.

During hot weather we always kept a bunch of milk jugs that we had filled
with water in an old chest freezer. As the day warmed up we put one in each
rabbit cage and aimed a fan from the end of each row. Kept all the rabbits
cool and we never lost any bunnies or adults from heat even when it reached
into the hundreds.

Lynda