homestead - [Homestead] Rabbit troubles

  • From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Rabbit troubles
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:59:50 -0600

A very weird thing happened in the past couple of weeks. I had a rabbit
have a litter of 7 bunnies. They survived and thrived the first few days,
but almost exactly one week to the day all but one bunny had died. I
checked on that bunny every day for the first few days it was alone, and it
always had a full tummy and was growing well. Well, almost exactly one
week from the day the others had died, this bunny died too! What could
have gone wrong? It has been hot here, do you think they have more
problems with being mamas when its hot?

I will watch this particular mama again and see how she does with her next
litter. I think this was her first litter, so maybe that had something to
do with it, but boy was that a weird experience!

Best wishes,
Melody