homestead - Re: [Homestead] . . . and the Home of the Complacent

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] . . . and the Home of the Complacent
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 21:40:01 -0700

don't think it would take all that many of the right people managing their lives so as to not contribute to the systsm to bring about its end.

I once thought that Republicans might have something with their "starve the beast" agenda. Alas, the current Republican administration, Senate and House has chosen to feed the beast. And with debt, no less.

I have long advised others and myself to live a life below tax collectors' radar. Easier advised than lived. I've done it for periods of time but over the long haul of my life I've found it unsatisfactory.

As for homesteaders, there are fewer of us than you might imagine. I have the beginning of a book on the subject but found too few of us to justify publication.