homestead - Re: [Homestead] email snafu

  • From: Lisa Perry <lkvp AT floydva.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] email snafu
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 15:05:21 -0400

steve oliphant wrote:

Have you looked in your trash folder and your junkmail folder? If they accidentally got deleted, but you have not emptied your trash, they should be there. They could be in the junkmail folder if somehow thunderbird was told to find all the junk mail.

My junk mail filters daily to the trash folder. My trash folder hasn't been emptied for a week but my missing email isn't in it. I looked for several messages and they are not in it--they are just gone.

I promise you this is how my email was when it was opened this morning, I didn't have time to to delete 95% of the old messages by mistake. I had 51 messages in my box and that was it. Anything older than yesterday at 6:00 pm is gone. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise? When my husband came into my office (his office is close to mine) I told him what had happened with the email... "you know how I'm not the most organized person and how you're supposed to file your email messages separately in many folders"...(a huge grin appears on his face)..."well, I only have a half-dozen folders and I don't even use those as I should...." The grin was more than I could stand, I banned him from my office.
Back to work.

Lisa