homestead - Re: [Homestead] email snafu

  • From: steve oliphant <steveo AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] email snafu
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 12:32:48 -0600

I use Thunderbird exclusively, but I use IMAP instead of POP because I access my email from several locations.

Have you looked in your trash folder and your junkmail folder? If they accidentally got deleted, but you have not emptied your trash, they should be there. They could be in the junkmail folder if somehow thunderbird was told to find all the junk mail.

I hope this helps!

-Steve

Lisa Perry wrote:

Anyone familiar with Mozilla Thunderbird for email? This a.m. when I turned on my computer and clicked on my email program, the messages sitting in my email box went back to last night at 6:00 pm, the rest had vanished. Poof--gone. Gosh Dang It! This last week has been overloaded with stress, I'll spare you, so I had not taken time to delete the 900+ messages in my box. Shame on me. It doesn't take but one week for it to accummulate between the mortgage business, the homestead list, assorted mail from family and friends, newsletters and, of course, all the outstanding junk mail. Some of the messages sitting there were important, most were not. I'd like to get back the ones that were without having to go through an extensive computer back-up reboot deal from the Iomega E drive if at all possible. Open to suggestions. Thanks.

Lisa