homestead - RE: [Homestead] How Societies Choose ....

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] How Societies Choose ....
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 19:27:00 -0500

Denise write:

<<attempting to
> convince other individuals, much less the DC whorehouse as you call it, is

> impossible, counterproductive, and a waste of time. Instead, what we can
do is live, ourselves, in a *real* sustainable way, providing for ourselves
and future generations, instead of trying to use it all up for ourselves
like the leaders and most of the current followers. Some will survive,
some will prosper...>>

In one vision of all possible worlds that last sentence would be true. We
do, however, live in a society that we take from and should contribute to. I
absolutely believe that individuals should do all they can to provide
themselves with the things they need for survival. I am even more sure that
if we do it alone we will surely perish.

Marie