homestead - Re: [Homestead] FYI All You Bloggers

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: trevor AT ISBNread.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] FYI All You Bloggers
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:00:28 -0700

Living well in the face of extreme property can make one very unpopular,
but living well where no one even knows you exist doesn't make any
enemies.

This gets us back to "no man is an island." I once had that vision. It creates a lonely life. My experience is that it is far better to live among others of similar values and approximate standard of living. In a rural place, good neighbors are as gold.