homestead - [Homestead] Computer glitch

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Computer glitch
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:11:25 -0700

If you ever take a picture of your inside forest, I'd love to see it.

Well, I tried.

For some @#!!&#!! reason, the computer is not recognizing the camera for download. Upload? Most frustrating. I have done this many times. You hook up the USB cable to the camera and to the computer, bring up the Scanners and Cameras screen, click on the camera icon, click on the Get Pictures, and, in the past, it did the job. Now, following the same procedure, I get: "The computer cannot detect the scanner or camera. Please make sure the device is turned on and properly connected to the computer." In the past, I did not have to turn on the camera, just do the cable hookup. Whatever, I have now tried it all possible ways: 1) turn on the camera, then connect it; 2) connect it, then turn on the camera; 3) don't turn it on, and connect it. No matter how I try it, I keep getting the same error message.

One wonders how many cases of high blood pressure and heart attacks can be attributed to computer snafus.

Anyone have ideas?