homestead - Re: [Homestead] homesteading stuff

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] homesteading stuff
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:48:03 -0700

So there you have it! If you aren't as fortunate as Gene to be able to
grow delicious tomato plants all year round, at least keep an inside flower
or plant to help keep your spirits up.

Our house has a clerestory pop-up in the middle, fourteen feet high. I bought four pots that are twelve inches square and twenty-four inches tall. One of the ficus trees planted therein is now within eighteen inches of the ceiling, most happy. I find it soothing to have a forest in the middle of my house.