homestead - Re: [Homestead] Clan Question

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Clan Question
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:16:18 EST

> "Homeschool" is also used for education at home under school guidance
> that counts as school attendance. Like "home tutor" but for a non-ill
> student. I thought DCS was a reference to the school system.

But the thing is in Tennessee it isn't. What you are describing is called
"homebound education",. That term and the term "homeschool" has a specific
legal defintion in Tennessee. By legislated defintion, if it is under the
guidance of the schools system (Local Eductional Authority, [LEA]) it is
specifically
not 'homeschool'.

James