homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sciatica home remedies, please

  • From: keith bellinger <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sciatica home remedies, please
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:14:02 -0500

Ouch, been there way too often. Nothing helps me as much as alternating heat and cold. There's a website explaining it here:

http://www.spine-health.com/topics/cd/firstaid/firstaid01.html

Gene GeRue wrote:
I hurt my back somehow, perhaps installing the connections behind a pedestal sink in too-little space. Bed rest, Ibuprofen and Ben Gay patches finally ended that misery but the morning the back pain disappeared, sciatica took its place. I hang from my chin-up bar to stretch the back on the theory that opening the spaces between the vertebra will relieve the pressure on the nerve. I also do the exercise where you lie on your back and pull knees toward you. But so far, ten days now, only acetaminophen and Ibuprofen keep me operable. Does anyone have suggestions that have worked for them?

--
For by your words you will be justified Keith Bellinger
And by your words you will be condemned bartermn AT epix.net