homestead - Re: [Homestead] Spam

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Spam
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:56:41 -0800

At 12/15/2004 08:31 AM, you wrote:
This isn't a solution of any sort (wish I had one to offer). When I get fed up
enough with junk snail-mail, I stuff their stuff into their own postage-paid
envelopes and send it back. This does no good at all except to vent my
frustration - it's time-consuming, and useless. However, it's too bad there's not
a way to check off the spam and then - en masse - hit 'return to sender'. If that
were an option, and enough people did it with unfailing regularity, perhaps it
would reverse the flood.

I sometimes get "returned" messages where a spammer was using my e-mail address and it hit a dead address.

When it was really bad I set up a mail box for those folk I know (besides my usual list filters) and let the rest go to the "in" box.
Every day or so I'd go zip through the subjects and senders to see if something looks like real mail. Then I'd dump it all.
It's a pain but changing e-mail addresses is a bigger one.

Rob

becidawa AT hctc.com
Now in western Washington, USA