homestead - Re: [Homestead] Spam

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Spam
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 07:26:26 -0800

At 12/15/2004, you wrote:
I am currently getting over a hundred spam pieces per day. If I set up a filter to reject messages containing certain words I will most certainly miss some important ones. I get letters from readers of my books. If I drop ruralize.com, I turn my back on everyone who visits my web site and wishes to communicate with me.

How do you all deal with spam?

That is why I had to change ISPs last spring, spam was several hundred a day. I had had that email address since about 1988 so lost some contacts. Spam is another reason I cannot use the braingarage email addresses, last time I tried to check, there were over 2000 messages waiting. The only real cure I have found is to change email addresses often but that is a nuisance.

I heard the other day that well over 50% of Internet email traffic is unwanted spam and for many businesses is making email almost useless.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com