homestead - Indian food, was RE: [Homestead] Re: Rural Voters

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Indian food, was RE: [Homestead] Re: Rural Voters
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:23:37 -0600

Bill Jones:

<<There's no time for writing. I'm preparing Indian food for the MG
potluck. Here's something no one there has ever had.>>

I've enjoyed living back in my home territory these last 15 years or so,
but before I moved home, I lived just a couple of blocks from Chicago's
Devon Avenue, home of kosher food of all kinds *and* Indian/Pakistani shops.
Now, I've learned that a coworker of mine goes to Chicago about this time of
year to buy spices, lentils, etc. that are hard to come by in Springfield
(though not so hard as in past years, as Springfield has a growing
Indian/Pakistani population that can't live through a dearth of no mixed
pickle). Indian/Paki food is way ahead of other oriental cuisines -- though
I don't turn my nose up at sushi or Schezwan. Well, I'll eat most anything,
if it's prepared nicely.

Oh, and northern Italian is good too.

Marie