homestead - RE: [Homestead] Re: SEF

  • From: "WF Smith" <WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Re: SEF
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 01:45:55 -0500

> Just for the record, although I wouldn't want to disrupt the
> happiest man in
> the world (based on a criteria of ignorance being bliss), grantwriters
> don't necessarily write federal grants, tons of money is sitting
> around not
> being claimed from the private sector. Half the time spent
> putting a grant
> together takes field work, very little actual writing is required as they
> are boiler plates, I've never not gotten a grant funded and my average to
> date is $330,000. And a lot of them require matching funds which requires
> putting on fundraisers, which again, isn't something you do
> sitting on your
> butt.

Just commenting as an innocent bystander... where is the honor in bragging
that your average plunder is 330,000.00, and that you've never failed to
plunder? Another question Lynda, do you wear an oversized sportscoat with
all the question marks and exclamation points printed on it like the guy on
latenight tv who can get all these unused grants/loans/handouts? If not,
what's the difference?
---