homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fw: [Paranormal_Research] Who started this Christmas Thing?

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fw: [Paranormal_Research] Who started this Christmas Thing?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:32:50 -0800

At 11/29/2004, you wrote:

Don't forget this year to keep the One who started this whole Christmas thing in your every thought, deed, purchase, and word. If we all did it, just think of how different this whole world would be.

Charles Dickens has more to do with the way we celebrate xmas than just about anyone. During a time of expanding economics he wrote a xmas story every year for several years. "The Christmas Carol" is by far the best known.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com