homestead - Re: [Homestead] Soy

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Soy
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:03:27 -0700

I have read that over sixty percent of all prepared foods contain some part of soybeans. I suspect that the majority of the beans used are the result of Monsanto.
You have to look for 'organic' and "Non-GMO' on the labels, otherwise you probably are supporting Monsanto.

That is true when buying beans and some basic products such as tofu. When buying prepared foods the labeling often does not include source unless it is clearly marked organic, and even then sometimes the primary ingredients are organic but the others are not identified as to source. I have earlier noted that the money I save by not buying health insurance is partly spent on buying organic foods.