homestead - Re: [Homestead] second stolen election :

  • From: "clanSkeen" <sgian AT planetc.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] second stolen election :
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:59:00 -0500

O.K., why do folks do this. They are going along and even if I don't agree
the arguments are nice and logical and clear as to their point. Then they
throw in the illogic or the stereotype broadbrushing - "mindless Bush
hating."

For this reason, Lynda: The question has been posited: What would the election look like, what would the results be where George Bush WINS and yet he did not steal the election? It's a fair question.

So far we've only been offered the scenario that if ALL the allegations about irregularities were true when they lowered Bush's count, and none whatever would even be entertained against Kerry, then maybe Kerry would have won by a dozen votes rather than Bush winning by tens or hundreds of thousands. That is, one side.

Things like that have gone on in every election on both sides. So the question is still before us: what would the election results have to have been for even you supreme leftists to say "Oh, we just lost. The voters of the country don't agree with our vision and direction for the country."

Did you ever see the flick "Robocop", the first one. Murphy's first mission was where the incumbent mayor had just lost the election and he was holding people hostage and in order to stall for time they asked him what his demands were. He said "I want there to be a recount, and if I don't win, I want there to be an new election. And I want to be declared mayor no matter what the results are."

So far that's what the 'stolen election' blather sounds like and not much more. And that's why it's mindless.

James