homestead - Re: [Homestead] Microlivestock

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Microlivestock
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:59:51 -0800

> Growing up in my part of the Wisconsin world,

Hmm. And no memories of bread baking while
soup/stew simmered on the wood-burning
cookstove ?

And just adding to the huge stew-pot for the
next day's meal - whether it was water so the
contents didn't burn or more potatoes-whatever
if some company showed up ... ?

And we always had a water-kettle on the 'stove'-
top to push closer or farther from the 'fire' section
so that it didn't take long to at least get a cuppa-
hot (whatever) for the 'wimmin'n'chilren' - alcohol
was thought not to be 'appropriate' for them ...