homestead - Re: [Homestead] Microlivestock

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Microlivestock
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:53:52 -0700

Tvozglub: I favor quail because they lay a lot of easy-to-pickle eggs, and there are so many bartenders who will buy them or their customers'

Over the last seventy or so years he's heard so many people muttering "easy to pickle" whilst glancing at him that he has found it necessary to believe it is a good thing.

Eggs and drink remind me that I might have made further suggestion to Bill, who groaned about coming into the house ravenous after wrestling with brambles and guinea pigs. Growing up in my part of the Wisconsin world, real men often broke a raw egg into their pilsner glass before gulping the gods' own gold. Now, that is very close to the perfect meal. Those too timid were simply tolerated. This was long before terms such as wuss and girlie-boy were found necessary by insecure sorts and sinners.