homestead - Re: [Homestead] world's biggest pick-up truck ...

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] world's biggest pick-up truck ...
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:23:58 -0700

One presumes you doubled the size of the url because the article got you really, really, really into the big, big, big thinking mode.

Boys will be boys. Personal vehicles have been equated to mistresses. Or was that just topless convertibles? Others have made phallic suggestions. Or does that end with the big stick shift knob? We Americans see ourselves as big, baby. Ego is a huge factor in hugeness. Hummers are ubiquitous here. What red-blooded boy couldn't use a Hummer to run down to the coffee shop for a morning jolt? Girls will be impressed with the size of your, um, hot rod.

I think big vehicles are a great thing. If this trend continues, someday, parking lot designers may make parking spots large enough so you don't have to be a contortionist to get out of your modest-sized ride without pushing your door into the neighboring car. And think how much gas tax behemoth drivers pay into the system.

Perhaps you are overreacting to the recent national lobotomy. Get a grip; don't go un-American on us now when we need you most. This is America. Bigger is better. Eat a Big Mac and a super-size fries, wash it down with a giant Coke, go to bed and, if you awake, call us in the morning.