homestead - [Homestead] Mangos

  • From: ted <music AT thenightshades.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Mangos
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:42:41 -0800

It's so tempting to stretch your climate to the limits in search of
delicacies, but I'd rather grow stuff that's easily acclimated to my area
and can thrive on it's own- persimmons are some of what I have in mind- the
true food of the gods to my divine taste! They'll go all summer without any
care once established and tall enough to evade deer. Plus they are ripe in
the winter! which is a thin time for fresh fruit for sure...

Best I think to find out who is growing these delicacies a bit further south
and trade them something exquisite they don't have... I'm thinking of the
Nearings and their maple syrup for citrus trade.
Ted

on 11/12/04 6:47 AM, homestead-request AT lists.ibiblio.org at