homestead - RE: [Homestead] Looking at property in Missouri National Forest

  • From: "Warren F. Smith" <WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Looking at property in Missouri National Forest
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:57:41 -0500

>>Does anyone know the pros and cons of purchasing property in or near a
>>National Forest. My wife and I are looking at property near Ava
>>Missouri. I don't know exactly where it's at but I'm wondering what's
>>the deal with national forests. I see towns and roads in them so I'm
>>wondering how they're different than the surrounding areas. Any info
>>would be appreciated
>>

>>Thanks, Clint

I know 3 or 4 people who own property adjacent to different state and
national forests. They like it because of the unlikelihood of future
development. (Go ahead Bush-bashers, interject here). What you see is what
you get, and for undeveloped land, it is usually well-maintained as regards
fire control and wildlife management. I can see many, many pros and very few
cons.

Good luck,
Warren

---
Hey, we check all the outgoing mail and certify it Virus Free.