homestead - Re: [Homestead] ...'political attack' on girlfriend

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ...'political attack' on girlfriend
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 18:36:10 EST

In a message dated 11/1/04 12:26:33 PM, lurine AT softcom.net writes:

<< Are you a Vietnam vet? I know tons of them, same generation and all that

and 70% of my high school class went. Guess what, although not verbal about

it then or now, most came home agreeing with the Kerry when he spoke out

although they didn't have too much use for Fonda. Sure, there are lots of

folks out there disagreeing with Kerry and what better way to use propaganda

and not fact then to throw the Fonda thing at him. >>

Lynda, you really think when they stepped off the plane, and were shouted at
and denounced as baby killers, spit on and worse that they agreed with Kerry
and the other protestors??? My stepfather was a POW in Vietnam for 6 years.
Kerry's words were played to the prisoners, and layed in written form in
front
of him and the other prisoners. All they had to do was sign agreement to
avoid
further torture. Do you really think if he felt as Kerry and Fonda that he
would have endured further torture to avoid agreeing with him??? No way. I
know
Many, Many, Many vets and only a couple that plan to vote for Kerry. He just
can't spin enough to throw this off his back. He has Carter to thank for
fixing
his and other dis-honorable discharges in 1977 or he would have even more
trouble calling himself a hero today.

Drew