homestead - Re: [Homestead] Stocking up on food

  • From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Stocking up on food
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:38:12 -0700

Toni Hawryluk wrote:

Warren wrote :

Drink water and lots of it, and you can kiss the bananas goodbye. (I am

serious about this...if George Bush hasn't polluted your water yet (and he
will), you can break the soda (and juice) habit by drinking water. I
probably drink 3-4 quarts a day. We splurge occasionally and buy Aquafina in
1 litre bottles. Then, we re-use the bottles, filling them with superior
Glenn Springs water. I have anecdotal evidence that it makes you feel
better, makes your complexion clearer, causes weight loss and makes you go
to the bathroom quite regular).

And water may be a snake-oil cure-all for relatively

"healthy" people, but it does *not* work for me while
the bananas *do*.

tvoivozhd---depends on health, age, medications. I eat a banana just before 10 Mg of Prednisone every morning. Horrendous leg cramps at night unless I also take two 595 Mg tablets of Potassium Gluconate with the banana and Prednisone. Scaling down the Prednisone to try to ascertain the optimum or no dosage, which may change the Potassium requirement