homestead - Re: [Homestead] Operation Truth

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Operation Truth
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:22:50 EDT

In a message dated 9/30/2004 8:46:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
genegerue AT ruralize.com writes:

He had the choice of going to war. That choice requires not only motivation
but preparation. He went off half cocked and our guys died for his
mistakes. I hold him directly responsible. The bucks stops at him.
Of course the buck stops with him, he is the President of the United States.
Every
death in time of war stops with the President. And likewise, we never had
every item in the
inventory before going to war. The closest we came was when Mclellan sat in
front of Washington crossing back and forth over a river for a year, waiting
for more troops and weapons, While the confederates moved freely about the
country, winning battles and soil.

Drew