homestead - Re: [Homestead] Operation Truth

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Operation Truth
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:45:33 -0700

The bill was a pork barrel. The pr spin was it was ALL about body armor and
humvee side shields. Kerry and two others tried to amend the bill to get
the Halliburton and other corporate welfare out of the bill but that was
voted down and Bush stated he veto it if it passed without the pork. The
folks that voted against it did it as a protest to say they wouldn't vote
for the pork. They were fully aware that it would pass but wanted their
concerned noted.

Lynda