homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dr-r-r-r-r-um Roll, the Slepcev Storch

  • From: Walter H.Jeffries <Highlands AT blacklightning.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dr-r-r-r-r-um Roll, the Slepcev Storch
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 19:28:28 -0400

On Sep 1, 2004, at 7:14 PM, Warren F. Smith wrote:
Based on my track record with 2 cycle and chainsaws, ultralights
don't interest me at all. Maybe their biggest disadvantage is that they are
single seaters by classification.

Another reason to not do ultra-lights (powered hang-gliders essentially) is that they are horribly annoying to the people on the ground. The buzzing lawnmower motor / ski-mobile sound passing over head is awful. They shouldn't be allowed outside the airport areas. Snow-mobiles and ATV's are bad enough. We don't need these engines overhead too.