homestead - [Homestead] Dr-r-r-r-r-um Roll, the Slepcev Storch

  • From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Dr-r-r-r-r-um Roll, the Slepcev Storch
  • Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 18:00:07 -0700

If you want to live forever and your grandmother wants to take off and land from her strawberry patch, this is the airplane for you---the Slepcev Storch, a three-quarter scale replica of the WWII Fieseler Storch---couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw it fly---it could be throttled down so you could comfortably walk beside it in a twenty mile headwind.

http://storch.com.au/ (originally the Fieseler Storch used by Germans in WWII to ferry officers around battlefields, land and take-off from roads, farm fields, fly backwards in a twenty mile headwind. A thre-quarter scale version designed by Slepcev has the same flight and stall characteristics---you can walk beside it as it flies in a fifteen mile headwind---strong and the safest airplane in the world---fly into a brick wall and walk away unharmed.

http://storch.com.au/storch.htm (fully certified, available from an Australian manufacturer in kit form or flyaway.)

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/jbrmhall/ (homebuilt Storchs in China,Italy and Australia)

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/jbrmhall/useful.htm (Nestor Slepcev suggested changes to his original Storch design---a lot of them and all make sense, especially the switch to a four-stroke engine---a homebuilder HAS to read this.)

http://www.ultralightflyer.com/storch/ (Canadian source, nice pictures and performance description)