homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Usury Business, How To Avoid Going To Jail

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Usury Business, How To Avoid Going To Jail
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:22:37 -0700

tvoivozhd---Yes, for a hundred years States have regulated contracts, subject to a couple of limitations, the Full Faith And Credit obligation to recognize each others contracts in State Courts and the Federal Uniform Commercial Code There are some exemptions to the former, none for the latter.

I'm a huge fan of local/county/states' rights, the closer to home, the more responsive the servants and the more sensitive the rules.

The average American is challenged to understand one set of rules. The average American today changes their address every few years, often works, plays, lives in different states. There are therefor good arguments for nationally standardized rules and only the feds can make and enforce them. Lots of obvious and painful drawbacks but I see no viable alternative.