gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Q about scheduling

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "Sandie Parrott" <rsbirdy@comcast.net>
  • To: "gardenwriters-on-gardening" <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Q about scheduling
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 14:38:57 -0500

Nan,

Writing and designing are creative, they use the same side of the brain. I don't think of it as switching gears...I think of it as improving what I do.

When I write, I learn from research and interviews and I take that knowledge into the garden. When I design, or "just" garden, I take what I learn to the printed page. It is a win-win scenario. They compliment each other.

I am very suspicious of writers that don't design or garden and even designers that don't write. Gosh, spread the knowledge that you have gained!

I wish I was so busy I had to really worry about scheduling! Hey, editors, here I am...(:>)

When I hit a tight spot where I have a lot on my plate...I use a huge calendar style dry erase board to keep track of photo dates, interviews and due dates...plus my personal appointments and such! It is about 18 inches by 24 inches. I keep it hung on the wall pretty much in front of my face!

I have never missed a due date...and cross my fingers and hope to die...I never will.

Sandie Parrott
Freelance Garden, Travel and Features, Writer and Photographer
Contributor to...
Michigan Gardener Magazine
FREE NYC - The Ultimate Free Fun Guide to the Big Apple
FREE OC - The Ultimate Free Fun Guide to the California Riviera
The Oakland Press
The Flint Journal
Master Gardener Society of Oakland County Michigan - Trips and Tours
Phone: 248.394.1532
Email: info@SandieParrott.com