gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Q about scheduling

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: N Sterman <TalkingPoints@PlantSoup.Com>
  • To: gardenwriters-on-gardening <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Q about scheduling
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 16:39:09 -0800

Thanks for all those responses to my question

I am jealous of Ellen who lives in a climate where gardens "sleep" in winter. Here in San Diego, fall and winter are our busiest planting times. We gardeners get no rest (the downside of living in a 365 day growing season), it's go, go, go all year round (no I'm not complaining, just stating a fact).

Interesting to hear that some people perceive writing and designing as being the same process. Conceptually, I find them to be quite different. One requires me to "hear" words, while the other requires me to "see" spaces. For me, those are two distinctly different sets of skills. In fact, I can almost feel the different sections of my brain at work.

Ellen hit the nail on the head, saying that the best thing to do is avoid 'splitting' days. Design one day, write another.

Thought I do like Donna's suggestion to charge more for my time....

Nan