gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Endless Summer Feedback

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "Dan Clost" <dan.clost@sympatico.ca>
  • To: "gardenwriters-on-gardening" <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Endless Summer Feedback
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 20:18:12 -0400

Hi Nancy,
Our Endless Summers, those overwintered here in Zone 5b and others overwintered in Zone 6a/b ( Canadian Hardiness Zones) have done very well re blooms. Bloom size varies depending on number of stems and fertility- no real surprises there. We find that the acidifiers, usually aluminum sulphate, work for about 1 year; if you want to change from pink to blue, it takes about 4-6 weeks.
The plant does very well, can get leggy if not pruned back a titch and, in our area, really dislikes the heat.
All in all, this is easily one of the best changeable hydrangeas for our markets. As far as marketing- we don't have to. the big blue pots, gardening articles and word of mouth have made this a big seller.
Hope this helps,
Dan
----- Original Message ----- From: "nancy szerlag" <szerlag@earthlink.net>