gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Plastic garden/landscape edging

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "Dan Clost" <dan.clost@sympatico.ca>
  • To: "gardenwriters-on-gardening" <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Plastic garden/landscape edging
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 20:24:25 -0400

Hi Sally,
Our experience has been that the best quality plastic edging you can buy is your best investment. The stuff we use is 6" in depth, comes in 20' lengths, has a v lip on the bottom and a tubular or rounded top. As far as I know, it is sold under a generic name of Landscape Edging here in Ontario. It also comes in 100 foot rolls. It is quite stiff. Plastic stakes are driven through the inside of the v lip, small tubes are inserted in both top ends of joining pieces.
If installed properly, it will last virtually forever- on a slope or not.
The cheap stuff, sort of melts in the heat almost, is a complete waste of money and time.
Hope this helps,
Dan