gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Knock Out Rose Question

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: nancy szerlag <szerlag@earthlink.net>
  • To: gardenwriters-on-gardening <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Knock Out Rose Question
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:08:27 -0400

Title: Re: [gwl-g] Knock Out Rose Question
On 6/29/05 8:43 AM, "Susan McCoy" <buzz@impact-pr.com> wrote:

Lorraine,
You are not dreaming.  Knock Out is, indeed, a dream come true!  This shrub rose from Star Roses begs to be neglected. According to breeder Bill Radler, deadheading is not recommended – as a matter of fact, it is discouraged.  If you want it to keep its shape, prune it when the forsythia bloom, otherwise, leave it alone. Knock Out is great for mass plantings, mixed with other shrubs and perennials or planted in containers.  Visit www.theknockoutrose.com <http://www.theknockoutrose.com/>  to see all the members of the Knock Out family.  Contact me off line if anyone wants images.
Suzi McCoy