gwl-g - RE: [gwl-g] Early plant deliveries

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "Sheri Ann Richerson" <SheriAnnRicherson@exoticgardening.com>
  • To: "'gardenwriters-on-gardening'" <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [gwl-g] Early plant deliveries
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:37:10 -0500

I’m in Indiana and have been planting for the past two weeks. I received a shipment of bare root trees and roses. The roses were budded out so I planted them and used frost cover to protect the buds. The trees were still dormant so I did not use frost cover on those.

I am starting my vegetable garden already. I have lettuce up under cover and have lots of seeds coming up that I winter sowed. I have crocus in bloom and tulips and daffodils growing.

The large chain stores in the area are selling trees, shrubs, primrose, pansies and other spring blooming semi-hardy plants.

Sheri